Friday, January 21, 2011

Sleep Deprived Students

The feeling of waking up, never got anyone out of bed. Looking at the clock, only to realize it is too early even for the sun. Students waking up this early usually do poorly in school, their grades show the effect. As I write this blog post, my eyes are becoming heavier, my body is telling me that I should stop, sleep and reflect. My mind constantly tells me that I either; one need sleep, or I'm thirsty. It's very weird, my body tells me odd things when I am tired. As I type this paper, my body is fighting every single motion I make with my fingers. Now I will admit, this is my fault. I sometimes refuse to go to bed, because I will be texting someone or I will just be into the show I am watching. I usually watch the Colbert Report and the Daily Show before I go to bed, depending on how well the show is going or if I like the guest. The show is the only way I can keep up with news anymore, all the good talkshows are during afternoon hours, or while I am in school. These issues are impossible to keep track of, the only source I have is the CBS Evening News with Kate Couric. Really? The CBS Evening News? My parents hate politics and they only watch the terrible KIMT news! I hate KIMT. Speaking of which, what happened to that Dave Hansen, the weird stone jaw guys that did the news before? Did he get fired? Or did he quit? I really have no idea. It makes me upset that KIMT wouldn't even tell me. So in a sense, the CBS Evening News is better than KIMT. Nothing interesting happens in this town, except for the Barack Obama, Hitler sign. That seems to be the only time we have been on national news, I just wish it was positive.

4 comments:

  1. I do think most students don't get enough sleep. I honestly don't get enough sleep like today I almost fell asleep in World History.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, like last night I went to be at 8 and I still barely was able to wake up. I haven't slept through the night very well, which isn't enjoyable at all. Other nights I just put sleep off and find reasons to stay awake; either way it doesn't work out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should start school an hour later on Mondays because I have to most trouble getting to sleep sunday nights, which makes it way harder to wake up Monday morning then any other morning of the week. We are supposed to be able to catch up on sleep on the weekends, which means sleeping in, and when I sleep in past nine theres no way Im tired enough to get to sleep by 11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Erin that we should start school later on mondays because I also have a very hard time getting out of bed monday mornings.

    ReplyDelete