Friday, January 28, 2011

"That Is So Facebook Worthy."

Facebook, oh where do I begin. We recently read an article in Composition talking about how technology is distracting us from our school work, I completely agree. I'm listening to music as I type this post. Facebook is just a mindless pit for everyone's empty thoughts to be thrown into. Sadly, a majority of the time no one cares about what you are saying. Somebody will post a "I just got home, text me!" Umm, I don't want to. You should stop crying for attention. Okay, I'll be honest. I go on Facebook, mostly because I have nothing better to do. It gives me a way to talk to people that I am sometimes not able to talk to. There are both positive and negative aspects of Facebook. A negative is all the Facebook "Stalkers." No one knows who they are, but yet they still talk to you. It's also possible that they could be pedophiles. Able to find little kids at a click away. It's crazy how people can find anyone they have ever met at any point of their life. Facebook is a way of gratifying people that really have no effort to do something. As in people sitting on their couch, watching TV.

Temptation.

Honestly the temptation to open up Facebook is huge, I literally just had to catch myself from opening it up. People that want to get a project or an assignment done should be as far way as possible from Facebook. They will not hesitate to open up Facebook and stare at their computer screen for an hour or so trying to figure it out what to do. Your mind literally freezes, you forget what you are focusing on and go on Facebook. I subject I haven't mentioned is Farmville, I can't even begin to talk about my hatred for Farmville. There was a news story that a lady strangled her child because it was interrupting Farmville. Now if that was me, I would be the one to "Strangle my computer for interrupting my time with my kid." I' have many arguments that I will continue to portray at my own will. So keep posted!

2 comments:

  1. I think facebook is a huge distractiong to all people it's not just facebook. I have caught myself getting into a tv show and watching that for hours on end and then i realized i had homework finished as fast i as could and then watched the end of it! I just zoned out that I had homework overall. Is Technology making us less aware of what is going on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree that facebook is VERY distracting, yet VERY addicting. I wish I had never gotten one. Actually, I don't wish that, because I like facebook. But I wish my time on it was limited. As for farmville, I totally agree with you. I don't get why people waste their time watering and harvesting crops that don't exist. Is that what people do on that game? I don't even know, and I don't care.

    ReplyDelete