Sunday, February 13, 2011

Follies!

There comes a time where the emotion of Follies is flowing through the air, the magical feeling of music flowing. This years theme is Broadway! I am sucker when it comes to Broadway and I love Broadway music. Although this should be a happy time, it seems almost every relationship is crumbling to the pressure of Follies and it makes me sad. Another thing that upsets me is that I didn't do a solo! I knew I should have sang a song, and it kills me everytime I hear someone else do a solo. It is really fun though, the feeling of being on stage is just, indescribable. Some people are nervous, other people freak out, and very little people are excited and love the stage. I love the feeling of being on stage, it just excites me.

Now that Follies is over, I have no idea what to do. Show Choir alone was so fun, next year when I do a song/duet it will be even more fun. I'll be able to sing my own song, show off my own range. Not to mention, the choir is losing so many great singers next year. Varsity Choir members have to step up so we don't sound terrible. I just love singing, the feeling of expressing yourself through your singing is amazing, and if I am able to show off my "talent" during Follies then that will just help me get used to the feeling of being on stage singing by myself. I've heard I have the "Golden Voice," not like that homeless man that got a job announcing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, but as soon as he gets really good he's going to take his talents to South Beach. Follies is just a big tradition for Mason City High School. I swear I have been to the last six or seven Follies, my sister was in it for all four years she was there, and the on year she wasn't there I went for the eighth grade preview. I do love Follies though, being a part of it just makes it so much better. Don't get me wrong, sitting in the crowd watching it is also great, but I love being part of the show! Being backstage and being behind the scenes is really fun!

My weekends are now empty, and I no longer have an excuse to dance. I never danced anyway, but I ended up getting good. Felt good being right in the middle of it all. Well, thanks for reading my blog, I feel I have reached over 300 words. I can't be sure, but I am going to talk for a couple more sentences to make sure I get my limit. I never usually have anything to blog about, it's just whatever I am thinking about at the moment. Knowing I just got back from Follies it explains the reason why.

2 comments:

  1. Follies is over! :( I love follies! It's my favorite part of the school year. I grew up watching my brother in it. He was another "David." He also was in many acts. I also watch my sister in it in the years before me. Some drama went down during showchoir. Aha. I'm excited for next year already. I'm sad it is over. It was nice working with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry probably every year watching the follies. It's sad to see all the seniors leave every year and I agree 100% that we are losing VERY talented people but that makes room for more. I love the stage too, but I'm one to buckle under too much pressure. I'm glad you find it exciting!

    ReplyDelete